Plimsoll Community Outreach
Creativity is at the heart of our business. And we believe diversity of thought and experience is a key element of the creative process. We also believe that knowing the local community and responding to its diverse needs forms a key part of a responsible, fair and productive business strategy.
- Plimsoll is a signatory to the Bristol Equality Charter.
- Plimsoll is a partner in the Bristol City Council Stepping Up Leadership Programme which aims to develop potential and unlock talent of young BAME professionals.
- Plimsoll supports both the Channel Four Production Training Scheme and the Production Apprenticeship scheme aimed at providing opportunities for groups currently underrepresented in the television industry.
- Plimsoll staff are committed to volunteering. Each year the office closes for a day to allow all staff to volunteer with local community groups : Oldbury Court Out of School Club (2015); Bristol Creative Youth Network (2016) ; United Communities Housing Association (2017) and The Park Community Centre (2018).
- Plimsoll partners with Babbasa Youth Empowerment Project CIC to provide work experience placements. ‘Hear Our Stories’ is a recent collaboration with Babbasa.
‘Bristol Creates’ is made by young Plimsoll film makers featuring Bristol’s first Poet Laureate, Miles Chambers. The film was integral to Bristol’s bid for the C4 hub.
Contact: Alison Bennett – Head of Community Outreach